By The American Medical Association
"Men are frequently reluctant to debate concerns which are very important to their common health and wellbeing and future health. This distinctive consultant presents important info, in an easy-to-read layout, on significant healthiness issues together with vitamin and food, workout, sexuality, and emotional well-being. This advisor can help you males make larger judgements approximately their health."—Jeffrey P. Koplan, M.D., M.P.H., Director, facilities for disorder keep watch over and Prevention (CDC)
- Guidelines for staying fit at any age
- Overviews of the body’s structures and organs—heart and lungs, reproductive method, mind and fearful process, urinary procedure, bones and joints, and the immune method
- Explanations of the most important illnesses and their remedies, together with center affliction, diabetes, hypertension, melanoma, drug abuse, and melancholy
- Sensitive discussions of sexuality and replica, together with sexual disorder, prostate overall healthiness, stds, contraception, and age-related adjustments to intercourse and sexuality
- Diet and workout directions
- Dozens of tables, bins, and charts on key themes
- Quick-reference structure for locating the solutions you need
Read or Download American Medical Association Complete Guide to Men's Health PDF
Similar parenting & relationships books
Realizing one's medical conditions performs a key function in a patient's reaction to ailment, influencing pressure degrees and the chance of following therapy regimens and recommendation. hence, the reason of ailment is a serious section of the interactions among well-being care companies and their sufferers.
A pragmatic consultant to Fostering legislation is an available, jargon-free consultant to the major parts of the legislations that drawback foster carers and the pros who paintings with them. It goals to aid foster carers comprehend the place they healthy into the complicated net of laws surrounding childcare and to demystify the jargon and terminology that is usually used yet hardly ever defined.
DK crucial Managers: powerful verbal exchange is the visible advisor that provides you the entire knowledge try to be a better supervisor. Now newly up to date with an all-new photo method of explaining key thoughts and talents, the best-selling DK crucial Managers: powerful verbal exchange positive factors: a realistic, "how-to" technique teaches you the data and abilities to be successful.
Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN) holds the capability to assist hundreds of thousands of individuals struggling with a variety of autoimmune ailments and cancers, or even autism, continual fatigue, and melancholy, locate aid. Administered off-label in small day-by-day doses (0. five to four. five mg), this frequent drug is intensely reasonable and offers few recognized uncomfortable side effects.
- Home Emergency Guide
- Family in Society: Essential Primary Sources (Social Issues Essential Primary Sources Collection)
- 21st-Century Miracle Medicine: RoboSurgery, Wonder Cures, and the Quest for Immortality
- Soothing your child's pain: from teething and tummy aches to acute illnesses and injuries--how to understand the causes and ease the hurt
- Geschenk für eine Braut. Geschichten
- Stay Healthy at Every Age: What Your Doctor Wants You to Know
Additional resources for American Medical Association Complete Guide to Men's Health
Drive defensively. Stay far enough behind the car in front of you to be able to stop safely, and stay even farther behind a reckless or erratic driver. • In bad weather, ﬁnd out the current road conditions and weather forecast before you leave. Leave early to allow extra time to reach your destination. • Keep an emergency driving kit in your car. Some things to include in the kit are jumper cables, reﬂectors or road ﬂares, jack, lug wrench, adjustable wrench, insulated pliers, insulated screwdrivers, all-purpose wire, duct tape, spare light fuses, spare fan belt, pocketknife, quart of oil, gallon of water, blanket, shovel, bag of sand, and ﬁrst-aid kit.
If you are taking more than one 37 S AFETY Y OUR H EALTH AND 38 T HE H EALTHY M AN medication, write down all of the medications your doctor has prescribed, the number of times a day you need to take them, and the times of day, such as with meals, or in the morning. Don’t be afraid to ask your doctor or pharmacist about your medication, including any side effects it may cause or interactions it may have with other drugs you are taking. Be sure to tell your doctor if any prescribed drug makes you feel unusual or sick, and try to describe how it makes you feel as accurately as you can.
Vitamin E seems to prevent freeradical damage (see page 9) to LDL cholesterol, a process that has been implicated in the fatty buildup known as atherosclerosis on the walls of the arteries 43 44 S TAYING H EALTHY that supply blood to the heart. Be cautious when considering taking high doses of vitamin E, however, because it is a fat-soluble vitamin. This means that it can be stored in your body’s cells, leading to a potentially dangerous accumulation over time. Doctors agree that the best way to get your vitamin E—and any other vitamin or mineral—is by consuming a variety of foods as part of a balanced, nutritious diet.
American Medical Association Complete Guide to Men's Health by The American Medical Association